Wednesday, March 12, 2008

worthiness

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, and the new has come. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17.

But now righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
~ Romans 3:21-24.

God loves even someone like me. Yes, even me! For a long time my sin was the center of my life; reconciliation or forgiveness was something I longed for, but never felt worthy enough to receive. When I came across Romans 3, I realized that it would not be my righteousness, but God’s that would deliver me. I also found out that I did not need to do anything and asked God to change my heart.

I was finally baptized and given a devotional as a gift. The very day that I was baptized the message for that day was centered on being a new creation in Christ. This was the beginning of my journey toward forgiveness and being right with God. He did not wait for me to stop sinning to save me, but he showed me that He loves me and I am His, worthy to receive His free gift. I still do not have to do anything, BUT I want to do all I can for His kingdom. Amen.

~ Linda Willand

No comments:




Copyright 2008 -- The Lutheran Church of Guam. Contact webmaster