Tuesday, March 11, 2008

no time for god

As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
~ 2 Corinthians 6:1-2

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have not always had time for God. I had stopped going to church as a young adult and went back periodically but never on a consistent basis. I always had excuses, work, studying for an exam, too tired, etc. I even justified my absence by stating that I did not have the same opinions as the church and going to church would make me a hypocrite.
After my children were born, I felt that I had to give them a good foundation and made the attempt again. Bringing two small children to church became very stressful often defeating the whole purpose of my going to church. So, once again I gave up.

Very soon after, I walked into work opened my email and there it was. A friend had sent me this email, I don’t remember the exact words but it stated: “NO TIME FOR GOD”. That began my spiritual journey. Ironically today, I have found more time for GOD without sacrificing any time that I need to perform other functions. I am happy to say that when I am tempted to discontinue my journey, I remember these words and it puts things into perspective. GOD is not just for Sunday morning, GOD is with you everyday. Now I find that no matter what happens, my constant conversation with HIM each day puts me at peace. And, so my journey continues…

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. ~ 2 Peter 3:8

~ Gina Vogt

No comments:




Copyright 2008 -- The Lutheran Church of Guam. Contact webmaster