Thursday, March 13, 2008

forgiveness

"Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them." Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times."
~Matthew 18: 19-22

I am so thankful for the time Sheri and I had on Guam. We felt so alive in the Spirit. When God's people are gathered together it really does feel like Jesus is there with us too.

Sometimes, though, I have wondered where God was. Sometimes I have been among God's people and asked myself if God would even bother with us.

It's then that I remember these words. God doesn't show up just because we have a pep-rally. The promise given in this passage is that Jesus abides with us when we forgive -- and when we are forgiven. If you’re like me, this leaves you no shortage of opportunities to abide with Christ.

Prayer: Lord, help me to forgive as you have forgiven me. Amen.

~ Wes Menke

No comments:




Copyright 2008 -- The Lutheran Church of Guam. Contact webmaster